Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Feeling emo...

Like a lot of you guys (still) reading this, Miss Lan is capable of feeling *ahem* emo too.

Erm. Yea, in case you were wondering, yea, I AM a human too, and I AM capable of having feelings.

Sigh.

There are days when I look at all of you and waves of nostalgia really just wash over me, and I yearn so hard to be a student again, carefree and innocent.. seriously, guys, carpe diem - that means to "seize the day". Yea! Seize the day and enjoy it while you're still young enough. 

Trust me, I understand how tough the life of a student can be. There're piles of homework and myriads of tests to study for (and that's why I don't really give you guys assignments too - right? RIGHT!??!). But sometimes, even that is much better than the constant politic-king or grievances you have to face when you're in the workplace. :( Not all colleagues are like that, of course. Mostly you luck out, and are faced with bright beacons here and there, their very goodness shining out from them. But sometimes - just very sporadically, rarely in fact - negativity from others could weigh you down like a pile of stone and make you sink straight to the bottom. 

And added to that, my personal life isn't doing too well either. Some important things are in shambles, and although it's easy enough for everything to fall apart, sometimes it takes eons before one can gather enough courage and sheer motivation to stand back up and collect all the broken pieces back again.

I go to school to work, to keep myself busy, so that I don't think so much. I come back home to rest, to refresh myself, and to hide from the complaints and harshness of the outside world. And through it all, what keeps me going? My beloved BABY (that's my cat, kiddos..haha), my supportive parents, and - you guys. My lovely students. All of you who drive me crazy, drive me up the wall, make me scream and shout and develop mysterious, self-diagnosed swellings in my tonsils - yes, all of you lovely lovely kids.

Thanks for being part of those making my day, everyday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment